Information for citizens of non-CIS countries about admission to NEFU in 2019
Foreign citizens and stateless persons have the right to obtain higher education at the expense of budget allocations in accordance with quota for education for foreign citizens and stateless persons established by the Russian Federation government, as well as at the expense of individuals and legal entities in accordance with commercial education services contracts.
In accordance with the Russian Federation Government Decree #891 dated 08.10.2013 “On establishing quotas for education of foreign citizens and stateless persons in the Russian Federation”, the order of selection of foreign citizens for 2018 was approved by the Russian Federation Ministry of Education Order №844 dated 28.07.2014. Admission of foreign citizens enrolling within the quota is carried out without entrance examinations.
Other citizens can be enrolled on a fee-paying basis and they need to pass entrance examinations (in Russian).
Bachelor’s and Specialist Degree programs
On admission to bachelor’s and specialist degree programs it is required to pass two general entrance examinations: Russian language and another examination, which is of the highest priority for the respective educational program in accordance with Annex № 1 of this Admission Regulations. In case of Russian language being of the highest priority examination, then an applicant has to pass two general entrance examinations: Russian language and second entrance examination of highest priority from the range general entrance examinations. A minimum score corresponds to the minimum score on specified general subjects.
|Applicant Сategory||Starting Date||Application Deadline||Dates of Entrance Examinations|
|persons enrolling based on the results of entrance examinations conducted by NEFU independently||20th of June||31st of July||1st — 9th of August|
|persons enrolling based on the results of Unified State Exams||20th of June||10th of August||—|
Master’s degree programs
A list and form of entrance examinations are defined in Annex №4 of the Admission Regulations, i.e. foreign citizens are enrolled under the same conditions as Russian citizens.
Application deadline for master’s degree programs:
- June 20 – July 19. Entrance examinations are held in the period between July 22 and July 30.
Passport or other official ID with certified translation into Russian, which is is notarised.
- A hard copy of academic document with certified translation into Russian, which is is notarised. If an academic document is issued by the foreign government, it is necessary to include certificate of equivalence of foreign education. More about procedure of recognition of the foreign academic documents: National Information Center “Glavexpertcenter”
- 2 photos of the applicant
- An original or a copy of medical report confirming the compulsory preliminary medical examination in the manner prescribed in the employment contract on the relevant position, profession or specialty, with translation into Russian language, certified int he prescribed manner.
- Other documents (submitted at the discretion of the applicant)
 when presenting the academic document of foreign state, which corresponds to part 3 article 107 of the Federal Law № 273-Ф3, there is no need for this certificate.